[PCI DSS 1.x] 1.3.1 Implement a DMZ to limit inbound and outbound traffic to only protocols that are nec

1.3.1 Implement a DMZ to limit inbound and outbound traffic to only protocols that are necessary for the cardholder data environment.

1.3.1 Verify that a DMZ is implemented to limit inbound and outbound traffic to only protocols that are necessary for the cardholder data environment.

DMZ Requirement

Is a DMZ still required if any and all applications are physically hosted out of a SunGard data center?

Is a DMZ required if using a service provider

In one word, yes. A DMZ is required to separate the Internet from the card holder environment regardless of where the card holder data is stored - in your own infrastructure or at a service provider. The idea is to separate Internet-accessible applications like a web store front, from the processing and data storage environment.

[FONT=Verdana]I am new to PCI DSS and this forum so please bear with me…[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]"1.3.1 Implement a DMZ to limit inbound and outbound traffic to only protocols that are necessary for the cardholder data environment."[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]My network:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Internet----|Perimeter Router|—My Public Subnet–|Firewall|–My Private subnet…[/FONT]

My Firewall has three Interfaces 1) One connected to “My Public Subnet” 2) Second connected to “My Private subnet” 3) and third connected to a network we cal DMZ.

[FONT=Verdana]In this case my Perimeter Router has ACL. Will “My Public Subnet” be treated as a DMZ[/FONT]